Re: [RC] Weight - Katie Azevedo

I completely agree with Julie Suhr on this topic. The winner is whoever crosses the finish line first and fit to continue-- Having so many winners due to numerous weight categories takes away from the honor of winning.
There are MANY variables to weight divisions and all that (ie what is considered tack? the water, the water-bottle or both or neither??)-- it all just goes along with the sport. How much you pile on your saddle is up to you, how much time you spend running a long side your horse is up to you, how much you weigh is a little more difficult to control but still is a part of the game. Let's keep it simple by only having a couple weight categories. Otherwise it not only gets too complicated and controversial, but it also takes away from the honor of placing.
Thanks Julie for your email,
Katie-- W region.