Re: [RC] [RC] Exiss LQ Trailer GN/Hitch Attachment, Pete in TX - DRG1

Here is some info from the Exiss site.

http://www.exiss.com/php/horse/resource/choosing.php

 Another important safety consideration is the gooseneck coupler construction. In the event of an accident you want a coupler that will help to distribute the energy of the impact to help lessen the shock to your horses. You also don't want the front of your trailer to end up in the back of the truck cab. Exiss' upper coupler construction is exclusive in the industry and once again mimics the semi-trailer industry. The sturdy, steel 2-5/6" coupler tube is welded to a top steel plate and then runs through another thick steel plate. This is far superior to simply butt-welding the tube to a single steel plate. The Exiss coupler tube is then buttressed in the back by a triangular steel plate.

 Fasteners. The main frame of your trailer will either be welded or bolted together. Exiss uses a special type of bolt that's been proven reliable in the semi-trailer industry for decades. These "huck" bolts are mechanically applied and are designed so that they cannot loosen or come undone like ordinary bolts with nuts. Huck bolts are also superior to welded main frames because welds immediately begin to fatigue, reducing the structural property of the base metal.

Take a look at the welds. Aluminum can be welded in two ways: M.I.G. or T.I.G. The more difficult and time-consuming form of welding is T.I.G., but it has a much cleaner more attractive appearance. To make sure your trailer has an excellent appearance, Exiss uses T.I.G. welding for all of its exterior welds.