Re: [RC] Exiss LQ Trailers (&Dodge & Exhaust Brakes) - DRG1

We just bought an EXISS LQ 3 horse “Sport” model gooseneck. I love it! We had to add an awning, Air conditioner, & stud partition but that was it. It came with a mandoor (into the LQ from the horse area) & an escape door. We are in the mountains & I wanted something lighter too that was easier to pull up the hills & not so heavy behind you coming down those mtns!

The only thing people have said to me with an aluminum trailer, it that you should get the aluminum floor sprayed with a bed liner (like Rhino), or else the floor could corrode. So we did. If you do this, ask them to add more silicon to make the liner more “grippy”, although its plenty grippy – I just am more anal I guess. Then you put the rubber mats over this.

We needed a new truck too, so we are pulling this with a Dodge Turbo Cummins diesel 6 speed manual crewcab long bed dually 4x4. We also added a exhaust PAC brake which is a big help slowing the rig down going downhill. Dodge used to have its own exhaust brake brand (BTW that was only approved for manual transmissions), but they recalled them – no date on when they will re-issue them. I could never find out why they recalled them (this is as of Sept 2004).

But PAC brake works well. Dodge may try to hassle some people on their warranty because of this after-market item, but hopefully I will never have to go this route. After all, I don’t want to wait for Dodge to come up with a new exhaust brake – I needed it NOW.

HTH