RE: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] My horse choked on beet pulp - Lif Strand

At 03:20 PM 10/28/2004, terry banister wrote:
Also, I don't worry about the shredded beet pulp being "totally softened" because it's not pellets that can enlarge or lodge in the horse's throat, and the moisture they are taking in with the shredded pulp assists in swallowing.

I like my pellets totally softened because three of the four horses I feed beet pulp to are senior citizens. Two are missing molars, so whatever help I can give them to aid digestion, I do. That's why I soak my pellets a long time.