[RC] Equipedic Phase chnage - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: John Williams jiggywiggy607@xxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Most of the rides that I have been and have crewed at the top
riders are usually at each vet check every couple of hours or
so. It seem that there are vet checks every 12-20 miles no
matter how long the ride. Most of them seem to take off their
tack to help the horse cool off. If you are riding at 7.5 MPH
that would be 2 hours to cover 15 miles. Even at 5 MPH that
would only be 3 hours. Some riders average even faster. I have
seen results for 50 mile rides under 5 hours.

Also the manufacture of the pad did test it on horses. In the
2nd post he said "These tests concur with the tests we did for
temperature differential early on in our product development.
We did not test for core temperatures, blood pressure and pulse
rate in our tests and thus do not make any claims for these
areas with regard to this material". I think they have given us
the scientific proof that this stuff works. I called him to get
a copy of the full study. He told me that in those animal
costumes this guy Colvin tested at the theme park they are
using a cowl that only touches the neck and shoulders not the
whole body. He also told me that Colvin has 1 lb collar for
runners that does the same thing. Since I run 10Ks I would love
to have one of those to keep me cooler.

This stuff works great for me. i think these guys have put
together a great product that does what it says it does. And I
think they have more science in this stuff than any of the
other pads. Oh well, what ever works for you.