[RC] Joe Schoech DAL nomination part 2 - Truman Prevatt

Posted for Joe Schoech

  • Where I hope to be:

 While being an active participant in a number of endurance organizations (AERC, SERA and GERA), I have been reluctant to seek an elected position.  My wife, Tamra, and I both  work (with long commutes), struggle to keep up with our small farm, go to as many rides as we can and try to see our 2 grandchildren as often as we can.  I have always been concerned that I would not be able to give enough time to adequately serve those who voted for me.  I guess I have always expected to have more time when I retire – the reality is that I probably won’t have more time when I retire and I am passionate about our sport and our future now.

I realize that the Director-at-Large pay will NOT be commensurate with the job, but I will work with and for the membership to continue finding ways to grow AERC through the LD program and education and to find ways to marry the founding ideals of AERC with our need to continue to attract and maintain responsible horse people in our organization.  I also want to expand my scope on trails issues and become more active regionally and nationally to gain the public land manager’s confidence in our ability to work with them and other user groups to restore, improve and grow our trails.

I appreciate your consideration and look forward to an opportunity to work with you to help AERC better serve the membership and continue its leadership position in endurance.

Thank you.

--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin