[RC] AERC DAL Voting-Statement - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Dorann LaPerch nogeeksplz@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offical Statement from Bryan Gran mominee DAL.

Last spring Bryan Gran was asked by Mike Tomlinson to consider running for
the AERC Director-At-Large position and after fully considering the
role he was to have he told Mike to "throw his name in the hat".

This is the "official" statement that was sent into AERC.

"Bryan Gran has the time, intelligence, ethics, energy, and
resources to be an outstanding board member for AERC. He owns his
own business, his whole family rides endurance, he is an active AERC
committee member, he actively competes in LDs, 50s, and he will be
attempting his first 100 this coming spring. If he says he will do
something he does it. He was raised on a ranch in the mid-west,
married a Texas girl, and work moved him all around the country
finally starting his own business and settling down in California.
Bryan would well represent the AERC membership from coast to coast."  (Mike
Tomlinson)

Our Family has been riding Endurance now for 3-years. While we are
new to this sport I am not new to horses. Growing up on an 11,000
acre cattle ranch in Nebraska allowed me to ride horse all my life.
I truly have a passion for the sport of Endurance and have become
active in the sport very quickly. I have been on the LD committee
for two years and spearhead the newly passed rule changes for the LD
BC award. I feel strongly that this sport can grow as long as all
levels of riders are recognized and supported.

I have attended two 100 mile rides and have learned quickly that the
100 mile rides are the backbone the sport was built upon. This is
the pinnacle of the sport and every effort needs to be made to
preserve the trails to support the 100 mile rides. I will attempt
my first 100 this spring and plan to tackle Tevis in 2005.

My family, who are also my crew, and many of our friends fully
supported me this past year as we traveled over 5,000 miles to get
my horse qualified for the National Championship Ride. We were late
starting our qualification as my horse was coming off an injury. We
really had to bust our butts to get qualified, but we did it. I
just simile when I hear people say how crazy I was for doing what we
did to qualify.

The reason I agreed to toss my name in the hat for the DAL is that I
feel I can be objective in representing all endurance riders.
Additionally, my years of business experience have given me the
ability to fully understand the politics and the "give and take"
that is required to function and achieve set goals in an
organization.

For those of you who know me you know I will put heart and sole into
the job. For those of you who don't know me yet, please trust you
could call me anytime to talk AERC stuff and I will do my best to
represent all riders to help support the sport of Endurance. I
would appreciate your consideration in voting for me when the
ballots are sent out.

Thank you.
Bryan Gran