Re: [RC] Hi Howard - heidi

But by simply cutting our ties with them, having no dealings with them,
boycotting their events, or simply turn the other way because we don't
want  to have anything to do with the bad guy, is in my mind not a
solution.  To  the contrary "because" of what we are now aware of, we
"should" be there.   For many different reasons - for one to continue
setting great examples of  how "free" people in a free democratic
society should live like, how we  should treat our animals, and how we
should treat one another.  Secondly,  the more we are there, the more
their illegal practices are prone to be  exposed.  Media coverage just
like the one you are suggesting me to watch,  and more media coverage in
the future - will expose and hopefully help  dimish these practices.
And thirdly I think that the "good" people there  (and I do know some
"good" ones) are our biggest and best allies.  The more  we influence
the "good" people with our good examples and behavior, the more
positive influence they will have to those in their own territory.

Excellent post, Catfish.  If it were not for our involvement in sporting
events (not just endurance) we likely would not even have the knowledge of
these atrocities.  Knowledge is power--if used wisely.  We can only wield
the power of our knowledge by continuing to be involved--not just as
endurance riders, but as human beings.

Heidi