From: Dana B.
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 11:19 AM
Subject: [RC] warning for CA horses

A stallion died recently in the Sacramento area.  Evidently some oleander had blown into one of the pens during the windstorm we had last week.  There are no oleanders in the area, so it is assumed that either someone dumped clippings or they flew out of a truck on the road in front of this rural property.

A very sad reminder to constantly and carefully inspect where our horses live, especially along roads.  Oleanders are everywhere in this state, and this could happen to anyone.....

This stallion will be sadly missed.  He was the most beautiful Friesian I've ever seen.

Dana

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx