[RC] resting heartbeat - rides2far

Lots of things can affect it. You putting a stethoscope up to her may
affect it. Taking her away from her pal to the saddling area would raise
it.  Eating raises it. When my Arab was just getting started his heart
rate was 20 beats higher when traveling in the lead on the trail, let
another horse pass him and it dropped immediately. I call it the "he'll
get eaten first" affect.  Kaboot's pulse is often lower at the third vet
check than at vet in simply because he thinks it's all exciting and by
the 3rd check he's starting to settle down to business. I wouldn't give
up on her for one reading.

Angie

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:36:44 -0700 "Mary Orosz" <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>