[RC] trot outs - smuncy

I have found "whips" are allowed,(NE); I almost always used one at initial and end trot outs as my horse "learned" quickly that this was where he could relax - at vet checks. And without 'cue', unless he was particularily "chipper' that day,  He Trotted out like leading a cow!!! lol  :)No, he wasn't tired -  he just never saw the point in "trot outs"; and once I put my foot  in the stirrup and pointed him  back out on trail, few horses could keep up with his trot. Often wished I could 'show' him under saddle.  On the other hand, have another horse that trots out great, use it to remind him to 'stay off me'. Stephanie M.