Re: [RC] Advice/Info - Jackie Hardin

I have a Mustang QH cros that does this.  Its kind of a swinging wide motion.  I've had a few people ask me if she was a standardbred.  She's competed in LD's and 50 milers.  Never had a lameness issue from her way of travelling.
Jackie

Nancy Sturm <nsturm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My adult daughter (wife, school teacher,mother of three), who is essentially a beginner rider, brought home a nice phlegmatic Standerbred gelding  today for a 15 day trial.  This is  a well-broker, apparently bomb proof horse.  He has excellend ground manners and hauled the three hours home like a dream.  We looked up his AERC record and he was out once on an LD, placed 6th in a time of 2:08.  They say he was ridden in a halter and paced the whole way.

Being from the Thoroughbred and now Arab tradition,  I think this horse moves "funny" behind.  Is "funny" typical for a pacing horse?

Nancy Sturm
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Do you Yahoo!?