[RC] Director at Large - Betty Baker

Hi All,
Since many other candidates have listed their resumes for "Director at Large", I thought I would put a word in  here at endurance.net. I am running for one of the DAL positions with AERC. I have been an AERC member since 1991 and have 4000+ AERC miles. My experience runs from riding Limited Distance rides to FEI 100 mile rides each year. My record will show that I ride a combination of these every year. I usually have a hand full of horses that I am training and each one is usually at a different level. I utilize LD rides as well as 50 mile rides to prepare my horses for upper level competition ( 100 mile rides ). My goal for AERC is to support all the AERC membership, from the LD rider to the multi-day rider to the FEI 100 mile rider. I believe that the diversity of our membership is what makes AERC such a talented organization with so many voices to propel us forward. This organization has the potential to lift all the distance rider voices into one unity and I would like to make this happen. I have been involved with AERC as a member of the Finance Committee over the last 2 years and was recently instrumental in writing a proposal that has helped establish AERC's long term financial security and future growth. I have been on the management committee of a number of endurance rides as well as being a member of the Organizing Committee for the 2001 Pan American Championship in Verment. I have been an active member of the USA East Zone as the Treasurer, not to mention the Chief Cook and Bottle Washer for the last 8 years. My last and final area of dedication has been to the Junior riders that come to my barn. I have been working with Junior riders for the last 10 years. These riders are the future of our sport and to me they are very precious and important. We want to show them that there is support and purpose here in endurance for them. We don't want to lose our junior/future riders to other sports. If you believe in these areas of AERC, 1) broad base support for all mileage fans, 2) International riders support, 3) Junior riders support, 4) horse welfare, 5) trail preservation and 6) rider management support............ then please support me when you receive you ballot from AERC. Any one that knows me will vouch for the fact that I am a hard worker and dedicated. It has been a bit dishearting to me to see members voted into positions at AERC that lack the dedication to work to move the organization or membership wishes forward. AERC if a fabulous organization that represents a multi facet group of distance riders. I want to see all these people supported by their elected representatives. Mark my name off in your ballot and I promise to be one of your supportive representatives.  Thanks for listening.  Betty Baker, AERC #10040