Re: [RC] Listen to Potato... - Truman Prevatt

The most appalling crime against humidity is that of enslaving one's fellow man. Many have said meuch better than I. Of any nation, I would hope the citizens of the US after its history of righting the worng of slavery, would not turn its back on these very same wrongs.

Truman

"Slavery is one of those monsters of darkness to whom the light of truth is death. "

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground."

--Frederick Douglass

"It is the nature of slavery to render its victims so abject that at last, fearing to be free, they multiply their own chains. You can liberate a freeman, but you cannot liberate a slave."

- Louis J. Halle

"This is a world of compensations; and he who would be no slave must consent to have no slave. Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."

"I have always thought that all men should be free; but if any should be slaves, it should be first those who desire it for themselves, and secondly those who desire it for others. Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally. "

- Abraham Lincoln

"The right of a nation to determine its own form of government does not include the right to establish a slave society (that is, to legalize the enslavement of some men by others). There is no such thing as "the right to enslave." A nation can do it, just as a man can become a criminal- but neither can do it by right."

- Ayn Rand

Steve Shaw wrote:
Potato brings up a number of good questions.? I hope he continues.? And let's think about it.
Yes there are things out there, but like with Mr. Moore, things can get twisted.
STev