From: Antonio_Corbelletta@xxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   The Sultan's Slave Trade
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:19:42 -0700

Hi All,
Boy where do I start...First off I am surprised that so many folks are so
naive regarding that part of the world and that religion.  The practice of
slavery has been going on there for centuries and is condoned both
culturally and religiously.  Look at what is going on in the Sudan.  In
that part of the world, life, human or other wise is not valued as we value
it.  Have any of you heard of "suicide bombers"?  The mothers of these fine
examples are very proud and happy to give their children up for the
"cause".  Heck, if they are perfectly willing to blow up innocent people
anywhere in the world for whatever the cause may be, what makes you think
they are going to give a rat's about have some kid piloting a camel.  Just
look at the results when the grown ups pilot planes...
There are something like 12 to 14 active wars/conflicts going on in the
world right now, all of them involve the Muslims not being able or willing
to get along with their neighbors or other religions.  That should tell you
something of the mind set.
As far as participating in the UAE events, maybe a very small step in
getting them to see things from a western point?  When they came to Tevis
they must have seen that we got something better going on here, maybe...
Tony Corbelletta

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A.: This message may
constitute an advertisement of a BD group's products or services
or a solicitation of interest in them. If this is such a message
and you would like to opt out of receiving future advertisements
or solicitations from this BD group, please forward this e-mail
to optoutbygroup@xxxxxxx
This message (which includes any attachments) is intended only
for the designated recipient(s).  It may contain confidential or
proprietary information and may be subject to the attorney-client
privilege or other confidentiality protections.  If you are not a
designated recipient, you may not review, use, copy or distribute
this message. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender
by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you.
Corporate Headquarters Mailing Address:
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
1 Becton Drive