[RC] Ladybugs - Patti Pankiewicz-Fuchs

Jim Holland said:

>This is a result of the intentional release of Asian Ladybugs in the United
>States to control a tree parasite.  It didn't do anything for the trees, but
>it created a Ladybug "plague" because the Asian ones "swarm" after the first
>frost, then crawl all over everything, including in your house and barn and
>inside every little nook and cranny where they die and smell.

This reminds me of a funny thing that happened to me while I was away in college. (this is in NJ, so maybe these are the native Ladybugs I'm talking about) Going into fall/winter, the ladybugs swarmed as Jim mentioned in my bedroom in my parent's house. Thousand of them in the corners and the seam where the wall hits the ceiling. Well, I was hardly ever there at that time and no one used the room, so I let them be. They were cute little lady bugs afterall. ;) Well, one spring day I come home from college, open up my bedroom door and the litte buggers had come out of hibernation. Thousands of them flying all over the room. 'Course it would have been frightening had they been ANY other bug, but since they were cute little lady bugs I waded through them with my shirt over my mouth and opened the windows to let them out. Odd how the mind works. huh?

Patti (who also had a ladybug stuck in her wedding veil during her wedding, but considered it good luck)

Find the music you love on MSN Music. Start downloading now! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=