[RC] AERC Nomination for Director at Large - Stagg_Newman

Folks,

First I am pleased with the number of excellent candidate for Director at Large this years.
I believe that bodes well for the health of AERC.

Here's my nomination for Director at Large.
Your support would be appreciated.

Nomination for AERC Director at Large from Stagg Newman

I am again asking your support to enable me to again represent all you as an AERC Director at Large.  Having ridden in all AERC regions and lived in three of them, I know there are excellent horses, equestrians, rides, and importantly ideas all over the country.  As a Director at Large I try to listen to the entire membership for the best ideas to improve AERC and the sport of endurance riding.

As an endurance rider for over 20 years, I have been fortunate indeed to have competed two excellent horses, Ramegwa Drubin, AERC Hall of Fame, and Jayel Super, 1st horse to win the Old Dominion 100 three times.   The achievement that for me best exemplifies our sport and the motto that “to finish is to win” is that fact that Ramegwa Drubin and I have completed rides together in 17 consecutive AERC seaons as well and over 30 100s together and are still doing competitions together.

In addition to my riding, experience that I can offer to AERC includes:

·        AERC Director for 8 years,
o        3 years as AERC VP,
o        1 year AERC Treasurer,
o        2 years as Co-Chair of the Education Committee
o         2 years as facilitator to the Past President’s Committee
·        Developer of horse trails at Allaire State Park, NJ
·        Many different ride management roles including FEI ride steward;
·        Management experience
o        managed profit and loss for a large telecom research business unit
o        serving a leading management consulting firm (current employer)
There are two principles that I believe serve as the foundation of our sport:

·        “To Finish is to Win” is our motto
·        The welfare of the horse is paramount.

To realize the newly adopted vision and mission statements that the Past Presidents Committee developed and the Board adopted, AERC must put even more emphasis on education, research, and trail preservation in addition to doing what AERC is doing well today in promoting and sanctioning rides and supporting its membership.  I will continue personally to work to strengthen our educational capabilities.  In particularly I would like to see AERC working more strongly with riders, vets, and ride managers at the local level and through local organizations to further our educational objectives.   In doing this we will enhance our performance and the welfare of the horse.

In summary I believe my experience and my commitment to the principles of AERC enable me to effectively serve you in the duties of Director at Large, which as I see it are: to establish and implement the policy of AERC, to insure the financial health of AERC, and to guide the evolution of AERC to the benefit of its members.  Serving on the BOD is my way of repaying AERC for all that the sport of Endurance Riding has done for me.