From: "Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 12:24 PM
Subject: [RC] Many saddles... still a sore back - need advise (little long)

Please Reply to: S. Smith shayne.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This year I have been struggling with saddle fit for my 10yr old gelding.
He finally grew out of his previous saddle we have had for 2yrs.  This is
our fourth endurance season, and we are finally done growing!!

Problem is... I have tried 4 different saddles this year with no luck.  My
gelding keeps coming up sore on his loins on both sides.  He is
"short-backed" and I am very aware of the types of saddle I try.

I have tried Wintec, Soltice, RP and KL Select.  All saddles seem to fit
fine at first (2months) and then continue to make him sore.  Time off and
try again?

We regularly keep up with Dressage lessons for balance, flexibility and
strength.  And we don't over do any rides.  We mid pack and have approx 600
miles under our belts.

I have asked my loacl vet to check out any leg problems as well.  None.  My
farrier is a great farrier, no foot problems.  My gelding does not have a
lot of whithers (crupper needed).  And we have NO white hairs anywhere.
It's just sore when we bath or scrub down an hour after a ride.  Gone the
next day.

Any suggestions out there?  Very frustrated.