Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1984 - NdurN

In a message dated 10/14/2004 1:42:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Yep.  And precisely why AERC needs to address this issue before billing
ANY ride as a "championship."

Actually as has already been pointed out, this years NC was a last minute substitute and was by a proven RM  the 50 miler went wonderfully because that was a proven distance.  AERC and its committees go into great detail before granting a ride a "championship"

I think participation in the current form of chosing the NCs is quite high and serves the membership well..  Do I think it is the best?  Probably not but I have participated actively in all the different forms that have been used over the years and find good  things to say about all of them but none were perfect.  Also far from being wealthy, I have just an average income and had to make sacrifices to participate.

Susan