Re: [RC] Unabashed plug for helmets - RBluebirdpr

In a message dated 10/18/2004 10:59:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

And thanks to my helmet, I'm still here to talk about it (and
headed to a ride!), instead of in the ER, or worse

  Had two incidents this week at Leatherwood Mountains.  One of my employees was riding her horse with Abbie, our ride manager, and the horse spooked at something and started bucking.  Lindsay who is a very small person was thrown around like a rag doll until she tried to dismount and landed on her feet but the momentum took her backwards and head first into a tree.  Luckily she started wearing a helmet after she worked one of our endurance rides.  Crack the helmet but otherwise is fine.  The other incident happened yesterday with a customer on a rental horse that spooked and she came off onto her head.  Had a helmet on but had a minor seisure shortly after the accident.  ER said she was lucky she had a helmet on.  This helmet also was cracked.  My wife and I went riding yesterday evening and guess who wore HIS Helmet.  I've always made her wear one but not me, Mr. Macho who only wears one when I do endurance rides.  Well, no more riding for me period without a helmet!!!

Phil