Re: [RC] Need Ideas For Relocating to New Horse Areas - Elin Pendleton

On Oct 17, 2004, at 8:51 AM, MtnRondi@xxxxxxx wrote:

come to So. California ..in the San Bernardino Mtns. in Big Bear, CA.

With the fires last year, and the beetle infestation that has taken out 1/3 of the pines (a normal occurence, by the way, due to logging practices at the turn of the last century), there are down sides.
How is the rebuilding going on in the burned areas?
I sure wouldn't recommend western Riverside County where I am, as stupid TRACT housing is selling for $400G and up. Hand me a cup of sugar across the gap between homes... it is that bad.
I have a rental to sell, it is a trashed 4 bedroom, 2 bath mobile on a perm foundation, on 1.5 acres, flat, fenced and usable. I "only" want $195G for it...which is way below market for acreage here.
Prices out here are crazy... but the weather is wonderful. No bugs, riding days 340 of the year (even more if you do an evening ride on a hot day, or dodge the rain showers in the winter.)
I just love to garden all year--and although there are way too many people and houses here now, there still are dedicated riding trails in the Cleveland National Forest, the Santa Rosa Plateau Sylvan Meadows, and throughout La Cresta and the Highlands, which both are horse communities.
--
Elin Pendleton, AAEA, WAOW, NAPA
The Paintings: http://www.elinart.com