[RC] 80 Rental String Horses going to Madras Auction - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Joan Fleming joanflem@xxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Passing on this BCH email notification about available rental string horses:

Rental contract ran out with Sunriver and she's decided not to apply for next
year.

So Sunriver currently has no rental operation, that much is true. They put the
operating rights up for bid every year. Any takers?

The Madras auction grounds are just south of the town of Madras off Highway 97.

The auction is October 23rd at the auction yard. The sale starts at 7PM.

Central Oregon Livestock
Address:   3457 SW Highway 97, Madras, OR 97741
Phone: (541) 475-3851

At last count there were about 80 head including some little ponies, a mini
donkey, and probably two pairs of drafts (belgian and percheron). All of these
horses have been there, done that, and are ready for more.

Most are around 15-20 but there are some youngins. These horses have been
around bicycles, barking dogs, and screaming kids. There's not much that will
faze them. A lot have been used as lesson horses, and nearly all have been
ridden by kids.

A few of these horses actually have excellent finishes on them, hidden under
the dude string dust. One of my favorites is a darling paint kids horse, who
can spin on his front and hind like it's nothing. Off the top of my head I can
think of two perfect gaming horses for the pee-wee rodeo set. A few came off
ranches, in fact there is one with the King Ranch brand on him. A few have
definate potential for cattle work, one handsome 17 hand fellow with excellent
self carriage is just begging to be ridden huntseat.

I know winter is coming, and feeding 1200lb beasts isn't cheap. I also know
this is going to make it hard to keep these horses out of the wrong hands.
These horses have given their all for years. I have placed my faith in them to
get the job done and they have always come through for me without complaining
once.

These horses have created memories for people for years, they come back every
year requesting their favorite horses. Some horses gave people their very first
rides, or the courage to ride faster than a trot. Now all they're asking is for
loving homes to spend their days after all that hard work.

Please, spread the word to anyone who might be interested!  Nothing would make
me happier. And please, if you have any questions, or perhaps something special
in mind, please feel free to email me. I know that herd inside and out. =)

Hillary Carter
princess_smurfalicious@xxxxxxxxx