From: rides2far@xxxxxxxx [mailto:rides2far@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 11:36 AM
To: bobmorris@xxxxxxxx
Cc: tomnoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Marla's Mystery Ataxia Part

Consider the normal, not competitive life of the horse in
its, as far
as we know, natural state.> AND WE WONDER WHY WE HAVE
PHYSIOLOGICAL PROBLEMS!
I ask one, and only one, question. Which is most
important,
the horse's welfare or the humans ego?

I do not get what you are trying to say. Are you a "Noble
Savage" person who believes that in the natural state all is
well? Personally, I think Kat's horse probably has a much
easier life than the average mustang (horse in its natural
state). I'd love to see a message board that hashed out
every *natural* occurance nation wide. There are quite a few
horses in my neighborhood who are on huge farms and pretty
much left to nature. They don't look so hot, what with
founder (self inflicted) abcesses that are left to run their
course and end up causing all sort of problems... quite a
few have died or are crippled...all having happened in
fairly "natural" horse manner. I think if I were a horse I'd
choose endurance as a career knowing what I know about all
the options.

I must be misunderstanding what you're saying though, since
I know you have horses that have done lots of miles and
can't imagine that you were less guilty of asking them for
something  "unatural" than Kat was. By the way, from what
I've read, horses are unique in that they don't chew cud,
etc. and are capable of eating concentrated rations and then
delivering a good day's work.

Angie

____
Now includes pop-up blocker!