Re: [RC] [RC]   national championship ride, treatment, conditions, etc. - Jody Rogers-Buttram

I agree 100%!!!!   This and never will be a substitute for "knowing your horse".   I have thought about the times (back 100 yrs ago) when we all rode without the aid of such toys.  We HAD to learn the horse.  Same goes for today, it is just something extra to gauge them by.

Jody

RDCARRIE@xxxxxxx wrote:
One thing I worry about with HRMs (*not* saying that you do this) is people using them like tachometers in a vehicle, and relying on them to the exclusion of reading and knowing their horse. As you correctly point out, they are a tool, and as such provide information that we can use, along with other info we glean from our observations of our horse, to make decisions about how to manage our mount. But if someone simply relies on the HRM and figures that since the horse is working within its normal HR, everything must be fine, that's when problems can arise. Just my thoughts...

Dawn in East Texas

Do you Yahoo!?