Re: [RC] Fw: Marla's Mystery Ataxia (was NC Treatments) Part 1&2 - Kathrynmjackson

Hi,
       I assumed by your post that you are riding a mare? Where was she in her cycle? I have a mare that shows no overt signs, no hard heat, not unreasonable to ride but will act a little "cold backed" just before she cycles. I even had an occasion that I decided it was time to go home from a training ride, in pretty rugged terrain that leveled off to soft even footing. This was a ride we had done many,many times before. She was not lame or unresponsive but this time I sensed all was not right and *bg* she was just about ready to cycle, three days to coming into heat. Just my opinion but I think you are on to something in regard to Calcium and Magnesium. Please keep the rest of us posted. I am really interested to hear what you find. As for the vets, they know medicine, you as an endurance rider, are intimately in tune with your horse. I applaud your decision to pull in light of what you sensed was happening.
                                     Kate J.