Re: [RC] /Nat'l Champ. Quals - Truman Prevatt

That was what used to be done before this format and it didn't seem all that popular (or well supported) when it was being done.

Truman

Jody Rogers-Buttram wrote:
Angie, I like that idea.   We all know (those who have been around a bit) that a horse doesn't always perform 100% everyday.  So therefore the NC as there are may not be your horse's day.   But the old way of Les/Trilby is too hard on the pocket book and the horse.  Maybe the other old way of a combination of NC rides, one held in each region would be more fair.  I think you had to ride 3 to count.  I really like the idea of a "Horse of the year" award.   There is certainly something to be said for a horse that can perform steady, ride after ride throughout the course of a year.  That means the horse is good and the rider is not so bad either.  :)  It would promote the "Take good care of your horse" attitude to attain this award.  It would also promote the "To finish is to win".  And is that not what we were founded on????

Jody

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."