Re: [RC] Treatment/Nat'l Champ. Quals - Dabney Finch

Truman makes a very good point, that this is an anomoly.  We'll all learn from it and hopefully improve our NCs as a result.

 And, as Lynne said, hotter than expected weather combined with coming-winter coats was probably the main culprit.

Truman, there was plenty of water--both on the trail, and in the VCs; even enough water to hose horses off (and volunteers to do it!)  So that was not a problem.

My understanding of the NC format change was that the mileage thing had become a "trailer race" (or, in Trilby's case "plane race") in which only those with endless time and money had a competitive chance.  That and the thought that a head to head is more interesting and fun to watch.

I have an idea--why not have both a distance and a speed championship so the "to finish is to win" and the hotshoes can both have championships?