Re: [RC] Old yearbooks....what a walk down memory lane - Merryben

In a message dated 10/12/2004 2:53:32 PM Central Daylight Time, dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Get out those old yearbooks....there are interesting.  Plus, it is fun to see the names and pictures of a lot of people you may have forgotten about.
I remember my first "convention".  It was in Sacramento and was held in a room way smaller than the one the banquet is held in in Reno.  Hal Hall was the AERC Junior champion so you know it was a long time ago.  The main speaker was a guy from Purina.  He had two jars 1/2 filled with water and added Purina feed to one and another feed to the second.  Then after his talk he showed the jars and the non Purina jar was a gluey mess.  That was the only speaker and demonstration of the convention.  I would venture a guess that it was 1974 but would have to look that up......mb