Re: [RC] newbie question---what is a keyhole? - Tracey Smith

Thanks, Chris and the others who explained it to me...now it makes sense.

Am trying to kick my "getting lost" habit before I start endurance and am doing better.  Did not get lost of off trail one bit at my last CTR.  Going to another one this weekend and hope to keep up that streak!

The keyhole concept actually sounds kinda fun having to pick up something or see someone to "prove" you where there.

Tracey

Chris Paus <paus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A keyhole is just as it sounds.... you ride out on
trail and at the end that section of trail is a little
circle you ride and then come back to the same trail
you just rode. I'd draw one for you, but I'm terrible
at it, LOL...

Instead of a straight out and back, it's out, go
around a circle, and back...

Around here on out and back and keyholes, RMs often
put out tokens for riders to pick up to make sure we
do the entire trail.

chris
--- Tracey Smith wrote:

> Okay..stupid newbie question here? What is a
> keyhole on the trail? Saw it in Dolly's post about
> missing them and am not sure what it is and how you
> make sure you don't miss them!
>
> Tracey ( paranoid endurance newbie wannabe trying to
> keep from getting hopelessly off trail)

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus