[RC] Re BEES!! - Lani M Olson

Had that happen in a wilderness area once..I was advised by a Search and
Rescue friend with whom I was riding to get to the nearest water and
smother the stings with mud and let it dry on my skin. By the time I got
home, there was little if any evidence of the bites and no pain,
swelling or itching...

Would like to second this.  Reading electric meters years ago I was stung seven times by a wasp on one leg.  The rancher lady was home, brought me in and mixed mud from the yard dirt to put on them.  Said she did it for her grandkids all the time.  Soothed pain and itching immediately, swelling gone by evening.  Next day had seven little red dots, no itch.

Lani