[RC] BEES !!! - Suvut

Just wanted to remind everyone that it is now BEE season!  I had a pretty awful experience this weekend when my horse and I were swarmed by some very angry yellow jackets.  This was the first bee experience for my youngster, and I must say -- he handled it as well as could be expected.

He was stung several times and proceeded to fling hmself about trying to escape them.  At one point, he actually went down on the ground.  How I stayed on, I'll NEVER know!  But at least he didn't buck or rear over backwards.  It took some convincing (with me yelling and kicking for all I was worth) to get him to move on down the trail -- he just wanted to stay there and fight them!  But finally he did trot off smartly (it took about 60 seconds).

When we got back to the trailer, I counted 30 bee stings on me.  Couldn't see them on him because of his new winter coat coming in.  I was in horrible pain for about 18 hours -- and now am in horrible discomfort from the AWFUL itching, but thankfully am not allergic.  I can't imagine I would have survived if I had been!   Got a shot this morning for the pain and swelling and am bathing in baking soda and coating the bites with cortisone cream.

I am very proud of my little guy for keeping his head in this situation (well sort of)  !!  :)   It's all a learning experience ........

Susan in Louisville