Re: [RC] Christopher Reeve - Bette Lamore

Hi Karla
As a rehabilitation counselor I have worked with many, many quadriplegics and I have to say that it was only through Christopher's very strong will and God's grace that he lived as long as he did following the accident. He was injured very high in the spinal column and most do not survive as long as he did. He has made extraordinary gains in the search for a cure for quadri and paraplegia so I am sure God gave him grace to continue with his work as long as he did. He will be missed, not only in the horse world, but also in the world of rehabilitative medicine. Some of the technology which he funded through his organization is now being tested for use with ALS (Lou Gehrigs Disease). The man was a living miracle and a role model for all who have suffered serious injuries!
Bette

Karla Watson wrote:
So sad to hear news the Christopher Reeve died yesterday. He was an amazing man and did so much good after his accident. I was very shocked he died.
-------Karla Watson/Portland, Oregon

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)