Re: [RC] arab mules - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 10/11/2004 12:18:20 PM Mountain Daylight Time, msgabbani@xxxxxxx writes:
Here, they are a zarzor for a male and zarzora for female. I believe
that they tend to be smaller than mules (mare/donkey).

I had one of those years ago and she was quite tall for coming from a
15' mother. She was also a delight but I was boarding and couldn't keep
her.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
www.alsorat.com
http://miloflamingo.blogspot.com
On Oct 8, 2004, at 7:24 PM, Dyane Smith wrote:

> Somehow, I had always heard that the cross between a jenny and a
> stallion was a "hinny".  Is that right?  Other than the name and which
> one got to be the "dad", is there any functional difference between a
> mule and a hinny?
>
> Dyane
I was just informed by a friend that all the good qualities (strength stamina endurance etc.) come from the Jack, and the senses come from the mare. He is of the belief that a hinney is not worth nearly as much as a mule. Beccy in UT.