[RC] advice regarding trucks - Kathie Ford

        Hi guys!  haven't been on for awhile and hope everybody is doing well.  Anyway, HELP!!!  My husband and I are in the market for a Dodge truck.  Looked all over town this weekend and almost found something we liked.

However, since horsepeople drive trucks and haul trailers I figured this was the best place to get some advice regarding price so we don't get ripped off.  We don't have a lot of trust for salesman.

So this is where we need help...Price...we are looking for a Dodge pickup 2500.  Decided on a long bed quad cab rather than a short bed although we liked both and the turning radius seemed to be okay for both.  We'd like to find something with mileage around 60,000 and up a little used. and the 1999-2001 year would be nice.... My husband likes cummings engines being an auto tech for 30 years so we are not too concerned with mileage but something in that range would be okay.

So what do some of you feel would be a fair price to pay for something like this in good to excellent condition within those parameters?  We need to get a good idea of fair so we don't pay too much.  There are a lot of hungry salesman out there and we know they have to make a living, but we want a good deal and don't want to spend more than is reasonable.  Also, anybody know anyone personally who is trustworthy to purchase from in our area?  Lots of questions!

My husband also said he'd be willing to go to Texas and look around for a truck as he thinks we can get a better buy if we have to..But really we need to fully educate ourselves to what we can realistically get for our $$.

We do have some friends that live there, but that would be if we can't get a fair deal around here....

Anyone got any ideas?  Sure would be appreciated!

thanks Kathie

ps...we are in the Auburn, CA. area...