[RC] Hot Nail Advice - Karla Watson

Anyone had a hot nail before? This nail isn't high at all but in 48 hrs of shoeing made my horse dead lame. Shoer pulled nails and found the one that was bad and took shoe off. It bled for a short while and has stopped. 2 nails by it oozed a little bit.

Horse is now stalled in deep shavings. Do I continue to soak in epsom salts? How long does it usually take until they are sound again? How long before I should put his shoe back on? How long until I can ride him again? Is it a sign my shoer is not good? This guy has been amazing so far and was a recommendation from 2 endurance riders who have won just about everything there is to win my region. He has done a superb job so far with my boys. It has taken me a few shoers to find this great one.
Thanks for your advice.
------------Karla Watson/Portland, Oregon