From: exxcelco
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 4:12 AM
Subject: [RC] saddles

Hi All,  I am a newbie.   Have done 3 -25 this year with my Hunter/Jumper thoroughbred.  He is having the time of his life.  I too am loving this.  I am educating me on saddles.  My current DeGrange close contact jumping saddle fits well and is not to bad the 1st 15 miles but going fifty in it next year doesn't sound inviting.

Joey is typical thoroughbred.  16.3 with high withers.  I have been researching treeless saddles and am intrigued.  I would love to have the feeling of riding bareback again.   It seems to me there would be stress points on his back from "Stirup Tug" if that term makes sense to you all.  I also have not read much about the wither area in these saddles.

I honestly have not ridden in anything but my jumping or dressage saddle in 25 years so I am completely dumb as to brand names, styles and such.

Diana

Do you Yahoo!?