RE: [RC] cancer - Betty L please reply! - Lif Strand

At 09:59 PM 10/6/2004, Stephanie E Caldwell wrote:
My vet just gave me a sticky tar-like salve to put on
my mare with a little spot of melanoma--- makes it
scab and weep but looks like it will work---

Sounds like bloodroot salve to me. The scab and weeping part is the clue - bloodroot makes the site look worse than when you started for a while, but it does get rid of those tumors and things, or so I've been told.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA
High Country Rider:  An endurance rider's journal
   www.fasterhorses.com/highcountryrider/