[RC] nomination letter-Jerry Fruth - Di

Nomination Letter For Jerry Fruth  AERC # 441

I would very much appreciate your vote for a Director at Large seat on the AERC
Board of Directors.  Why?  Because I'm a trail junkie.  If it has to do with trails its
my passion.  I eat, sleep and drink trails as my wife Diane can attest.
Our 14 year old son Ryan  not only rides but attends work days with me
when we are off the horse and on the ground.  Trail preservation is a family affair.
We have 11 horses, 5 dogs, 6 barn cats, 1 inside and too many deer and geese on our farm.  We love our horses, our country way of life and our trails.  We value our culture, heritage and access to our public lands.

It has been my pleasure representing your interests as Chairman of the AERC Trails Committee for the past five years.  By working together we have made a significant impact in the way we approach our trail issues.
Through the use of trail grants, our Trail Masters, Trail Advocates and volunteers we are now beginning to develop a long lasting relationship with the BLM and the Forest Service.  Through the use of trail grants we will be providing trail seminars in each region so those of you who want to become aTrail Master may have the opportunity.  At the same time you can become certified not only in the art of designing new trails but will also become a certified instructor.

Along with all of the new opportunities being created for our trails program I will continue to serve your needs on access issues and grant opportunities.  To better coordinate the work involved with our new ride sites being created with the BLM and FS a new committee will being formed.  I will be Chairman of the Federal Land Management Relations Committee.  This new committee is in its infancy.  Later this year I will publish in the Endurance News the details of the committee, how it works, who will serve and our goals.  I will continue to represent your  interest by remaining on the American Horse Council Recreation and Land Use Committee in Washington D. C.

As you my imagine this kind of work load takes me all across the U. S. speaking and representing the AERC.  My travel along with my riding gives me a unique  opportunity to better understand endurance riders across the U.S.  As a Director at Large I will first and foremost do all  that I can do to preserve your access to your trails. Its easy to understand, no trail, no ride.  And I just won't let that happen to our sport.

While preserving access to our trails I will also work to see that financial stability is maintained within the AERC.  Because of my business background I have a firm understanding of how our finances should be managed. I'll make sure the money spent by the Board will be on those projects that will benefit the membership. I would like to see our sport operate with as few rules as possible.  To take the welfare of the horse issue beyond rhetoric, and to educate our new riders with the belief that "To finish is to win."

In addition to being your Trails Chairman for the past five years I have served as your Vice President and have also served on the finance committee.   I have no conflicts of interest and fully understand what my fiduciary responsibilities are as a director.

Your vote will mean a great deal to me and I will give you my word that as a Director at Large I will work to keep you on your trails and will do all that I can to promote the AERC and the sport of Endurance Riding.

Respectfully,

Jerry Fruth
AERC # 441
Chairman- AERC Trails Committee