[RC] AERC Ride: Heavyweight 252# won the 50!! - DRG1

Hi All,

I just attended my first ridecamp. I only did the training ride, but watched & listened & talked & had a blast!

It was the 21st Annual Man vs Horse AERC ride in Prescott AZ, Oct 2, 2004.

Just had to share (as I’ll be in the heavyweight division myself someday, anyway), BUT

The guy who got the fastest time in the 50, & Best Condition weighed in with tack at 252# !!!

There IS hope for us heavyweights!

Don’t know much about Arabs (only once had a straight Egyptian Stallion) – I now ride a smashing foxtrotter mare (due to back injuries & a bad hip), but he said he was riding a Polish on the topside & a Obelisk (sp?) on the bottom side. He wasn’t big on breeding, so he didn’t know more than that.

This was so much fun, I just wish my mare would rate, she pulls like a freight train. I was hoping to do 4.5 MPH on the training ride, she did 12 mi at 5.5 MPH in about 1 hr 46 min. (left me with a sore biceps tendon!). I did the recoveries & she did do her recovery in 17 min (with me whispering in her ear to Calm Down!!!)