Re: [RC] [RC] The Numbers Are Running Against Us - Nat Nelson

I don't beleive the numbers are against the Arabs in
the least! A quality product will ALWAYS have a
market. I don't believe it is the AHR's responsibility
of finding members a market, but the members to
produce and promote a quality product. The AHR is
there to register Arabians and Part Arabians and to
offer programs to it's membership.

I raise Quarter Horses and Paints myself as there is a
high demand and market for those breeds. I also
promote those breeds in the showring as well. In other
words I produce and promote a quality product.

Intrestingly enough when I got into endurance and the
AERC I realized I needed a smoother muscled horse. I
did my research and purchased my VERY FIRST Arabian!
Until now I've only owned QHs and Paints - and I'm 44!
However, I specificly searched for an Arab to suit my
task as an endurance mount. I found one that meet all
my quality control checks. In other words the seller
offered a quality product!

Now I do know that the AHR is one of the highest for
association costs $100 to register a foal as compared
to $35 to register a Quarter Horse or paint. Shipping
permits with AHR is $350, whereas with the AQHA there
is no charge and paints a $100 permit fee. Quite a bit
cheeper.

Breeding horses is an art of passion. You need to
posses the art to create a better horse and a passion
to permote it. And thankfully there are plenty of
individuals in every breed that posses those skills.

So remember it isn't the quantity you produce it is
the quality!

~Nat~
Buckeye, AZ

http://mail.yahoo.com