Re: [RC] The Numbers are Against Us - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 10/2/2004 9:12:56 PM Central Standard Time, ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx writes:

love to ride alone, but I don't do it to avoid gaited horses.  As a matter of fact, I have gaited horses as well as our 'token' (but ever so lovely) Arab.  I routinely ride our Arab with Paso Finos, Peruvians, TWH, TB and QH.

I, too, love riding alone, but also love riding with my husband and with friends.  As for mixing breeds, everyone in the group I ride with has Arabs, except my husband, who has the token "alternative breed" - a Paso Fino.  His Paso can gait pretty fast, but when the rest of us really start moving out, he just puts his little (14.1h) Paso into a fantastic extended trot and keeps up with our much larger Arabs with no problem.  That little guy can really fly, and he's agile as a cat on twisty single track.

Dawn in East Texas