[RC] The numbers... - Juneir

Don't overlook the backyard breeders.  It has been my experience that many of them do breed for companiionship and trail smarts.  I know I do  because I have to handle them, break them, breed them, ride them.... and I don't want to get hurt,  I want to have fun with my horses and enjoy that special feeling of pride when someone says "wow, where did you get that one!..."  And don't think just because you deal with backyard breeders, someone hasn't done very careful research and given careful consideration to how the horses are bred. There are still lots of wonderful arab horses out there if you are willing to spend a half decent price.....and I am talking four digits not five..  Nothing that is done right with horses is particularly cheap and it still frys me when people bitch about paying over $1000 for a well bred, trained or started horse and then bad mouths the kind of horses they find.  Unfortunately there have been cases of good horses being dumped on the market by distressed owners, but realize there are many good horses sitting in backyards looking for the right home with owners that take care not to become "distressed" by controlling breeding numbers so they can hold on to their horses until the right placement comes along. Anyway, nuff said!  My opinion!
 June (Rivers Bend Arabian Ranch- breeding, riding, loving arabs since 1974) Gee, I'm getting old!