[RC] Fw: shooting for an endurance mount for next year - Lori Greene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 7:55 PM
Subject: shooting for an endurance mount for next year

I watched last night on the RFD channel on the Appaloosa show, and it was about endurance.  I was so excited to see it on there, because the closest I've came to endurance is thru here, reading all your travels!

I have always had quarter/paints all of my life, be it showing or now on again off again trail riding for our family.  I really want to try endurance, and am shooting for a mount next year.  My question is this, after watching the show last night, why is it that an "appy" has it in it for endurance vs. a quarter/paint (in my mind they are in the same category) also as I was watching it, I was on the phone with my sister and it was more of a visual (hoping to catch a repeat sometime this week) .   I would really like to try for an arabian, but no offense, some of the messages I have read about some crazy arabians has had me turned off, and quite frankly, I'm not familiar with the arabian breed to really know what might make a good prospect.  Obviously I plan to do reading over the winter, I keep up here, and check the archives.  Was just more or less wondering after I watched that last night, and it was appaloosa's if being the "type" person I've been with my equines would an appy be the better step to begin with versus the arabian?