[RC] what to eat - sherman

I can't have dairy products....get cramps & don't like the slimy feel they leave in my mouth, sooo, I go for the chocolate soy milk and bagel for breakfast. I get my chocolate fix without having to eat M&Ms (I save them for when the ride is over). I drink lots of half-strength Gatorade and water on the trail, and bring along more bagels or energy bars. A banana or applesauce (or both), some tasty salty crackers, and more chocolate soy for lunch. I usually still have my snacks in my saddlebags in case I get hungry before dinner.
Good luck on your first ride and have fun!
Kathy
Grass Valley, CA