RE: [RC] removing manure from paddocks serious business! - Charles

I think a lot of it comes from ignorance.  For instance, I didn't know my dog would not be welcome where ever I went until I was reading "You can farm".  Luckily I read it before I bought a farm and moved to the "country" (hard to claim it is country when starbucks is less than 10 minutes away).  I think it's the same thing.  People move expecting it to be like the suburbs, only less crowded.

Education is the answer.  After that, you treat 4 year olds as 4 year olds even if they are 40 years old.

Charles

From: SandyDSA@xxxxxxx [mailto:SandyDSA@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 10:59 AM
To: cdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] removing manure from paddocks serious business!

In a message dated 9/30/2004 5:57:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, cdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The list was endless and stupid.  Some folks think education is the way.  I hear that out west they give newcomers a pamphlet called something like "the code of the west".  It explains what is expected behavior wise.
Education? With all the time, money and energy we spend on education, then why do stupid people still try to cross rail road tracks when the gates are down; why do people still put cups of hto coffee between their legs when they drive? Peeps are "educated" 6 ways to Sunday and still behave stupidly. As far as I am concerned, people who move into horsey communities either fit in or get out. We don't go move into a tennis commmunity and start building barns and bringing in pet goats. sigh!Education doesn't work - treating people who BEHAVE like 4 year olds AS 4 year olds - now that might work:)!