[RC] [RC] flies - Gabi (Ra'anana Farm) - LaBrake, Denise A

Hi Gabi,

I'm may have a solution for you but you have to be dedicated to it and you
so do your neighbors that have livestock.
For us it worked wonders and we only have one horse with no horses/cows for
a mile. For you it may be pricey, however, compared to other methods you are
probably trying it is way cheaper, about $2 to $3 a month per horse. For me
it is dirt cheap.

We invest annually in Fly Predators. I do over kill on my predators because
there are horses and cows a miles from us. So I put down enough
for 5 horses. It's about $150 for my annual cost. I use 5000 fly predators.
They are safe organic natural way of killing off your fly crops. Check them
out at this link.

www.spaldinglaboratories.com

You pay annually, one payment a year and they ship you a monthly shipment.
Depending on your geographical area you will only need at the most 6 months
supply for a 4 season climate.

You won't see immediate results however, over time they lessen and
eventually you will have little flies. Just remember our climate effects the
fly breeding as well. For example we've used them for 5 years now. 1st year
with one horse there were a few hundred flies pestering her. By the end of
the season it dramatically decreased to less than 10 flies. The following
year...NONE! And year after with the exception of extremely wet season like
our winter and spring this year. She has about 6 to 10 flies bugging her but
they have been gone about a week or two because it's so dry here and getting
colder.

You will LOVE IT! And so do my neighbors!!! All the racetracks use this
method and have for years.

Also, I will answer the question most people ask. No, they are not pests to
humans. Matter a fact you only see them out on the manure. They never
approach people or the animals. Also if you know people that have
fleas...they sell flea predators as well. I never tried them, don't have
that problem, and they are more pricy because you don't need as much. But I
hear they work!

Good luck!

*****************************

I have a serious fly problem at my 25 horse barn. -all bins have lids -no
standing water -stables cleaned once a day, every day. -once a week,
professional company sprays fly-poisen on the barn walls, doors etc.
-muck-heap is covered by plastic, and removed once a week. -30 fly catchers
barrels attrack and catch flies by the hundreds. -horses get 1 cup of
Diatomacious earth on their food each day. AND STILL I HAVE A LOT OF FLIES.
No wonder the neighbours are complaining and municipality is going to close
me down if I do not control the problem. I don't know what else to do
anymore...until just yesterday I discovered under the first layer of
seemingly clean sand of the stables, another deeper layer of rotten, smelly,
humid sand, gues what; full of little white worms. My stablefloor is a fly
factory! Now i am going to get a few workers together to dig it all out. Is
there anynthing I can pour on it that will safe the hard labor? Is there
anything i can pour on the new fresh clean layer to prevent this from
happening again? fly crazy gabi

Denise
KY