From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Laura Hayes
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 4:04 PM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] Director at Large Nomination- Laura Hayes

Respectfully submitted for AERC member's consideration:

When not riding my horse, I am an independent consultant/project manager to non-profit organizations, having worked for Audubon and Rails to Trails among many other local groups. I help organizations obtain 501©3 status, procure funding, and obtain federal and state permits. I write budgets, grants, training manuals, do public relations and help negotiate merges between organizations. I started in this business many years ago by raising the capital and designing and building a state of the art animal shelter where I was executive director and cruelty investigator.

My interest in AERC began in 1981 when I realized I would rather ride my horse through the woods than around in circles. Since then, with time off to raise a family, I have done almost 6000 miles and ridden all distances and in most regions. My experience spans LD to FEI, 50s, 100s, and multiday rides as well as ride and tie, and I firmly believe there is, and must always be, a place in AERC for all of our interests.

I am proud to be a member of the AERC Welfare committee, helping to gather and analyze data, as well as raise awareness of, and hopefully reduce the potential for death and injury in our sport.

I am interested in becoming your director at large because I see the exciting and sometimes awkward and difficult way that AERC is growing and progressing. I would to use my experience and interpersonal skills to be part of that change and growth.

Please feel free to contact me regarding anything that may be an issue to members. Email is best mark@xxxxxxxxxx

Laura Hayes AERC#2741