[RC] Bucking under saddle - LaBrake, Denise A

My 10 year old Arab Mare has been doing some bucking when I let her trot or
canter BUT, this is only on rides at home.
Which is where we have limited riding and we have to turn a lot towards
home. She is only been away from home twice now and did not buck under
saddle at all on either ride. And, she does not do it every time we ride
home. She has done it using two separate saddles so I already eliminated the
equipment thing. It's definitely her attitude because some times she does
not do it at all.

We started riding 3 to 4 times a week end of July. She knows there is horses
at the end of our road and because of my lack of confidence I would not let
her go past the horses before. Every time we turn towards home she starts to
act up and starts bucking when we trot. Also she is picky about which way to
go, if I don't let her do what she wants she tries to buck every time my
guard is down. I always school her instantly, scold her and she behaves
quickly. Then she tries me again.

I other day I let her go past the horses and she was so well behaved.

Last night, different story. She did not want to go anyway I wanted the
entire ride was a fuss fight.

Also you should know that she has a stallion like time in her pasture when
we play. I typically see her buck in pasture when she is happy and playing.
I'm wondering if she is happy on the trails because it is a new thing and
she just wants to keep moving forward. Her tail is always lifted as we ride
with a happy sense and her hears forward and alert unless I talk to her.
However, when the bucking starts her hears go back until I get her out of
her fit.

Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve? I already tried a tied down. Does
not help a bit. Guess it's a good thing I can stay on!! So far anyway!

Denise
KY