[RC] bosana boots - sterp

I will preface this with saying I have not yet put them on my horse but I have
sold several sets and I own a set for one of my horses.  You do need to have
shoes for these to stay on.  You pull the rubber over the lip of the shoe
trailer.  This is the main way it stays on.  It is very low and rolled in the
heel area so although a horse could take it off if it forged it looks like this
would not happen often.  As far a competitive trail they are acceptable for
ECTRA because they do not cover the coronet band.  I don't know the rules for
other organizations.  I am not a huge fan of pads so for me on rocky rides this
seems to be a very good option.  I have customers that have put them on over
shoes that needed to be replaced and they helped hold the shoes on.  Looking at
them the only time I think they would not work is if you have to do a lot of
shaping on your horses shoes.  Because you cannot shape them the foot needs to
be fairly normal.  They do make front and rears so you could put rear shoes on
fronts if the shaping is better.  In very general terms the sizing is close to
easy boots HOWEVER you really should measure.  Teddy at Running Bear has the
sizing chart on her web site I believe.  I ask people who want to mail order
them to send me tracings of the feet with fresh shoes on so I can "try them on"
the boots.

Sandy
Neigh-Per-Say