[RC] Type of Saddles - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Laura T lit@xxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mustang person,

Saddle?  No requirements for a saddle for endurance riding.  None at all.

You may ride in any attire you choose, your horse too. I recommend a helmet.
But that is optional, jr's must wear one.  Rules.

You MUST have an *equine* whom is sound, and healthy. Mare, spayed mare,
stallion, or gelding.

IOW you do NOT *have* to *have* any of the following (see list below) to
compete successfully in endurance riding.

Arabian
A real fancy horse
A hot wild horse
Alot of money
Saddle
Bridle
Halter
Bit for your horse
IOW no tack required
Clothes (you may be Lady Godiva if you choose)
Shoes for your horse
Shoes for you
Fancy trailer or truck. A tent is fine.

Heck you don't even have to ride!  You could run with the horse, and the horse
could follow you, or you follow the horse.

The list can go on, but I will stop at the basics of what you do not have to
have.  I didn't ride in a saddle when I was a kid.
I think that teaches one to really learn how to ride.  If not you fall off!  I
developed a strong set of legs, and I still have them.

My friend in Nashville April rode her appy bareback for some of her first
endurance rides. Her horse completed with flying colors!!

Come on!  Come and ride with us!  You are right, you can't learn it all about
horses.  You will learn alot
by reading ridecamp though!

Me?  I ride in a Arabian Saddle Company Solstice 18" wide tree, on a
cmk/egyptian arab gelding, he is a calm and quiet horse.

I ride in Tropical rider tights, tee shirt, Roeckel gloves, I have leather
Ariat half chaps that I had the leather repair guy refit them to fit me better,
dressage bridle noseband is very loose, and no flash, egg butt 4.5" snaffle, a
thin cotton pad under the saddle (my saddle fits so no fancy pads are needed,
yes the saddle fitter professionally stuffs it), a black biothane breast collar
when needed, splint boots, and Ariat Terrains, oh and rubber lined leather
reins with leather stops, and my horse has shoes. And a white helmet.

I secretly LOVE really wild bright riding tights, but Tropical rider doesn't
have the wild ones.  There are no tights too wild for me to wear!  PROMISE!  I
used to wear some really wild ones from one of the Austrailian Connection, but
I just really love those tropical's now.  Bright is good, then you are not
mistaken for a deer or bear!  also you can find what you are looking for if
they get lost - somehow.

Laura T
North Alabama